Purpose of the Alia Space NUTS is to provide to users different data layers tailored to specific geographical areas.
The NUTS classification is a hierarchical system for dividing up the economic territory of the EU and the UK for the purpose of:
- The collection, development and harmonisation of European regional
- Socio economic analyses of the regions
- NUTS 1 : major socio economic regions
- NUTS 2 : basic regions for the application of regional policies
- NUTS 3 : small regions for specific diagnoses
Currently, supported data layers are:
- Copernicus Digital Elevation Model with 30 meters resolution
- Copernicus Sentinel 2 products L 1 C and L 2 A
The supported geographical areas are:
- NUTS (NOMENCLATURE OF TERRITORIAL UNITS FOR STATISTICS)
- GADM (DATABASE OF GLOBAL ADMINISTRATIVE AREAS)
The main stages of NUTS GDS service are:
- Receive requests from user.
- Estimate the number of products to be downloaded, the area coverage, size and whether they are online or offline.
- Retrieve from the data layers products covering the geographical areas.
- Process the data cutting and merging the products according to the geographical areas.
- Provide the products to the user.
How NUTS works
Once you have completed these steps, the NUTS application will process your request and provide you with the selected satellite photo for download.